- RSS Channel Showcase 5025933
- RSS Channel Showcase 3628311
- RSS Channel Showcase 3548427
- RSS Channel Showcase 8432890
Articles on this Page
- 10/02/13--21:31: _2018 WEG is knockin...
- 10/03/13--07:46: _It’s Official, we a...
- 10/29/13--06:27: _Kentucky One Step C...
- 11/03/13--19:00: _Alltech National Ho...
- 12/06/13--17:51: _8 Years Later!
- 01/16/14--20:53: _Look Forward & Alwa...
- 03/29/14--19:36: _Wellington withdraw...
- 06/09/14--19:50: _Bromont wins the 20...
- 09/01/14--20:34: _WEG 2014: Thoughts ...
- 06/30/15--19:38: _2018 World Equestri...
- 12/30/15--20:10: _2015 Year End Revie...
- 05/30/16--19:20: _Rolex Repeat and al...
- 06/30/16--14:32: _Olympic Impact on t...
- 07/28/16--18:24: _Third Time’s a Char...
- 08/31/16--20:02: _WEG Roller Coaster
- 11/03/16--17:54: _Tyron wins bid to h...
- 12/01/16--18:43: _Tryon International...
- 03/01/17--18:16: _2018 World Equestri...
- 06/29/17--18:49: _Tryon 2018: 438 Day...
- 07/30/17--08:10: _Recycling at WEG 20...
- 10/02/13--21:31: 2018 WEG is knocking, lets answer the opportunity.
- 10/03/13--07:46: It’s Official, we are in the hunt for WEG 2018.
- 11/03/13--19:00: Alltech National Horse Show sets the stage for WEG 2018!
- 12/06/13--17:51: 8 Years Later!
- 01/16/14--20:53: Look Forward & Always Remember What We Have!
- 06/09/14--19:50: Bromont wins the 2018 Games!
- 09/01/14--20:34: WEG 2014: Thoughts from a far at this point.
- 06/30/15--19:38: 2018 World Equestrian Games in Bromont: Early News
- 12/30/15--20:10: 2015 Year End Review: 10th Year
- 05/30/16--19:20: Rolex Repeat and all things Spring?
- 06/30/16--14:32: Olympic Impact on the 2018 Games
- 07/28/16--18:24: Third Time’s a Charm, WEG 2018
- 08/31/16--20:02: WEG Roller Coaster
- 11/03/16--17:54: Tyron wins bid to host the 2018 World Equestrian Games.
- 12/01/16--18:43: Tryon International Equestrian Center decked out for the Holidays.
- 03/01/17--18:16: 2018 World Equestrian Games: Volunteers Requested
- 06/29/17--18:49: Tryon 2018: 438 Days and Looking Good!
- 07/30/17--08:10: Recycling at WEG 2018 Encouraged
All indications are Kentucky is considering submitting a formal bid for the 2018 Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games.
So it's official, FEI announced this morning that Kentucky had formally expressed interest in hosting the 2018 FEI World Equestrian Games.
The word came out late yesterday that the British Equestrian Federation (BEF) has withdrawn their bid for the 2018 FEI World Equestrian Games. I am not surprised as the BEF was making lots of stipulations on what they wanted changed about the Games in order for them to host and on the time schedule we now […]
Alltech set the stage for what they and Kentucky have to offer for the 2018 Games, which is leadership built on a passion and imagination that has led to the success at Alltech and the success of the 2010 Games.
I am not sure how many remember that it was this day 8 years ago when the announcement broke that Kentucky had been selected to host the 2010 FEI World Equestrian Games. And so the story began, like most there were moments when it didn’t look like we would make it, but in the end, […]
John Nicholson's retirement is not a detriment to a winning bid in June...
One final resolution or maybe I should call it a proclamation. I still continue to believe that we will be successful in winning the bid to host the 2018 Games but if we are not it will not trouble me for a day because I will be working towards seeing us host at some other date in the future for Kentucky is the Horse Capital of the World as we have been blessed by the horse.
The Chronicle of the Horse has broken the news that Wellington, Florida has withdrawn its bid to host the 2018 FEI World Equestrian Games.
So the announcement came out earlier today and as many of you can guess, my disappointment was significant. I really did believe in my heart and soul that we would win the bid to host the World Equestrian Games again in 2018 and even in my very logical brain I could easily support the argument for why Lexington was the logical choice.
So I am wishing everyone currently at the Games, all my best whether you be competitor, spectator, volunteer or official and may I say one more thing to the volunteers, no matter what, your service will make these Games better then they otherwise would of been, so to everyone else, please be nice to the volunteers, because if you are having a tough day, I can assure you theirs is tougher.
The 2018 World Equestrian Games in Bromont are less then 38 months away and preparations are well under way. COJEM2018 (Comité Organisateur des Jeux Équestres Mondiaux) is the organizing committee NPO of the 2018 Games which has already been at work for more then 6 months to get the ball rolling after the tough but successful Games last year in Normandy France.
As I look back on 2015 I am reminded of why this site came into existence, ten years ago this month the announcement was made that Kentucky had won the right to host the 2010 FEI World Equestrian Games. As Lexington Kentucky is consider the Horse Capital of the World I dubbed them the Kentucky World Equestrian Games and launched this site as a means to put my talents to use supporting those and future Games. The 2010 Games are of course a bit more then 5 years in the past now though I still believe their impact is felt in this region.
Michael Jung of Germany repeated in 2016 winning the Rolex Grand Slam Events and I had the good fortune of tail-gating at the Rolex Kentucky 3-Day Event to watch him. In other news Adelaide, South Australia has given interest in hosting the 2022 FEI World Equestrian Games which would be another first for the Games. […]
The Olympics generate lots of news both good and bad that can have all sorts of down stream effects on events coming afterwards.
I still have the one year to go poster hanging on my wall that says, "GET YOUR GAMES FACE ON.", its time to do it again Kentucky. The Games were a success the first time around, and they will be an even bigger success the second time because we have the experience and the passion. My slogan this time is going to be "Y'ALL COME BACK NOW", because people did come back to Kentucky after the Games last time so we should certainly invite them to come back after the second time.
There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man! WEG on the other hand can drive you crazy. I will be back sooner then later with more on the Tryon Center, our plans of support and the other potential contenders for the 2018 Games.
The FEI World Equestrian Games™ 2018 will be held at the Tryon International Equestrian Center in North Carolina (USA) from 10 to 23 September 2018. The FEI Bureau today unanimously agreed that the Games should be awarded to Tryon, meaning that the FEI’s flagship event remains in North America, following the withdrawal of Bromont (CAN) […]
There looks to be lots going on in the month of December at the Tryon International Equestrian Center and they have the place all decked out for the Holidays. We continue to hear good things about the plans for the 2018 World Equestrian Games with only 648 days until the start on September 10, 2018. […]
Volunteer for the 2018 World Equestrian Games in Tryon, North Carolina.
Wanted to say that I like what Tryon has done for their title logo for the Games, simplistic but catchy, so far that is the vibe I get from the information I am seeing. That gives me a good feeling about how these Games are going to go because its easy for these kind of […]
COLUMBUS – The Polk County Board of Commissioners approved a resolution endorsing solid waste management and recycling efforts during the World Equestrian Games (WEG) to be held at the Tryon International Equestrian Center (TIEC) next year.